Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome to PPA- Productive Procrastinators Anonymous

Hello,  My name is Kim and I am a Productive Procrastinator.....Hi Kim.
definition of PRODUCTIVE PROCRASTINATOR:

[pruh-duhk-tiv] [proh-kras-tuh-ney-tor]–adjective, verb
1. having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort but doing everything else instead until the motivation to do the original task is gone.  2. A girl by the name of Kim who gets a lot accomplished but not necessarily the projects she really wants to get accomplished. 

 
Can you believe 2010 is but all but a memory?  Where did that time go?  I've spent a lot of time reflecting on 2010 the last few days-what worked, what didn't.  2010 was a challenging year.  It felt like I did a lot of reacting to situations and not much planning. For example; ate out too often, because I was too busy or tired and didn't have options for meals at home-that's expensive and fattening.   I got a lot done in 2010 and conquered a couple of major challenges, BUT I can't say that what I got done was what I really wanted to have gotten done.  So my approach to everything this year is going to be different.


Here's what I'll do differently this year:
  1. Focus on the family-Make no commitments without thinking how it will impact time with Mr. Ranger, Boo Boo and Yogi.  
  2. walk at least 3 times a week (would really like to run a 1/2 marathon by May).
  3. institute family game night 1 night per week
  4. To nurture my creative inner soul by starting and completing 1 new quilting project a month
  5. complete 3 PhD 's  by June (see Link to Myra's PhD Challenge on sidebar)
  6. Spend 2 hours each week scanning old photos (about 3 thousand) into the computer and edit old videos to make DVD's by December 2011. (this is a BIG task)
  7. spend 2 hours each week learning Photoshop 8.
  8.  make 1 new fancy cupcake recipe a month-To be showcased on this blog.
  9. Eat healthy 5 days of each week (will be making those cupcakes on 1 of the other 2 days not eating healthy)
  10.  Gonna be a little more critical with my time so I can have more fun, be less rushed have more time to enjoy the little moments!







No comments:

Post a Comment